April 16, 2012

Christian Cota: In the Name of Native Soul



Coco once said, 
“In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.” 

This collection of Christian Cota that I’m loving fits right in such quote. I fell in love with the whole collection since I first saw it.

The thoroughness, exoticism, uniqueness, and unpredictability 
… what’s not to like?




The collection positions itself differently from others by focusing on Cota’s native Mexican blood through arts of painting, dyeing, and embroideries that give that feeling of warm tribal look. 


The indigenous details in each original print show careful craftsmanship of native hands that is second best to none.  Heavy fabric combined with unique prints and embroideries successfully complete the humble yet sophisticated winter look without needing any helps from overused fabrics like other runways.





The outcome of the collection? All agreed that Cota made a great comeback better than previous collections, since he has done most of the works by himself… as it can been proven by the messy paint and dye stained on his hands.



Finale dress ... Simply stunning ...


So the moral of the story...

If you put your heart in what you do, most likely, it will pay off…real nice ;)


All phtos from Style.com Check out full collection at 


Stay pretty,


Sally N.

17 comments:

  1. Hey thank you for your comment! :) You have a great blog! I've seen your first post with the stripy top haha. I'm following you now! Good luck with your blog! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daria,
      I'm glad you like my blog! I'll try to update it as often as possible:) Be sure to follow the blog and stay tuned!! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah seriously agree. It's so different and thorough! Thank you for your comment Nicole! :)

      Delete
  3. I loved that last dress! absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? The entire collection is so unique!

      Delete
  4. Love it!The first one is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with the first one and the finale! They are so gorgeous! Thank you for the comment Nikki ^___^

      Delete
  5. i loved your blog really, you look so elegant and stylish..i am following you, if u follow me too i would be so happyyy :)


    http://zeysfashionroom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zeys! I'm glad you like my post! I'm following you now and I like your style so much! Don't forget to follow me back for more posts! Keep in touch and good luck!

      Delete
  6. hello dear cool post.
    if you want to be featured send me through email brooklyngraceblog@gmail.com
    3 different pictures and a kind of small biography!!!
    best
    brooklyngrace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brooklyn!
      I sent my photos and bio to your mailbox ystd. Hope to get featured on your blog soon! Thank you for the opportunity!!!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. The finale is my favorite! What's yours? :)

      Delete
  8. Wow this is a fabulous collection! I love the tribal details and the unique designs, prints and fabrics he has used!
    xx
    I Want It All
    Facebook
    My Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your post so much! This collection is really gorgeous!
    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???
    Win a $60 gift card to spend on The Quiet Riot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! We should follow each other. I saw a lot of great lookbook collection on your blog! Your style is really fun and fearless. Love that! Let's follow each other and keep in touch!

      Delete